Blockchains like Hive and Bitcoin produce new tokens each time a block is produced. Unlike Bitcoin, where all of the new coins go to the block producers (called miners), the Hive blockchain allocates a majority of the new tokens to a reward fund. The reward fund gives users tokens for Hivers participating in the platform.
When you are paid on the website Hive.blog, you can choose to be paid 50% in HIVE Power and 50% in HIVE Dollars, or 100% in hive power. Here's an example of a 50/50 payout: If you earn $200 on a post, you will get $100 HIVE Dollars, and 50 HIVE Power (assuming HIVE Power is worth $2 each, at the current time).
HIVE is the base liquid currency token in the platform. HIVE can be powered up into HIVE Power (HP), traded for Hive Dollars, and transferred to other accounts. It is a cryptocurrency token, similar to bitcoin. HIVE is the standard Cryptocurrency tradable on various exchanges. Its value can fluctuate just like any other coin.
Read more: HIVE
VESTS (Hive Power)
HIVE Power (abbreviated SP) is a measurement of how much influence a user has in the Hive network. The more HIVE Power a user holds, the more they can influence the value of posts and comments.
They are non-liquid, thus must be "powered down" before being able to trade them. Powering down Hive Power (VESTS) takes 3 months, and is paid out as 13 weekly payments. The power down rate will stay the same if you earn more HIVE Power while powering down, thus it's recommended to re-power down after earning a large amount of fresh HIVE Power.
HIVE Power gains interest over time, and usually gains interest faster than the power down rate, thus you will still be earning interest while powering down.
HBD (Hive Dollars)
Hive Dollars may also be converted into HIVE in a process that takes 3.5 days. There are another quick option trading it in the Internal market. Hive Dollars can be used to buy things in marketplaces, such as Peerhub.
Read more: Hive Dollar (HBD)
- Where do the new HIVE tokens come from? Hive FAQ, retrieved in 1/1/2018
- What is the difference between HIVE, HIVE Power, and Hive Dollars? Hive FAQ, retrieved in 1/1/2018
- Hive.blog : https://hive.blog
- Hive.io : https://hive.io
- @jacobtothe : Worth, Price, Value, and HIVE April 27, 2020
- @sidwrites : Ultimate Guide: What Are The Different Ways To Earn Hive? June 20, 2020
- @firepower : HIVE Price: Will This Bounce Reclaim The Range? June 30, 2020
- How to transfer HIVE between Hive account to Exchanges
- Increase your Hive Net Worth
- Hive Exchanges
- Hive Wallets
- Coindesk: Splinter Cryptocurrency Hive Outperforms Justin Sun’s Steem After One Week Trading Written by Brady Dale, published in 3/27/2020
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a hiver you can have a chance to earn HIVE by posting your contributions here and being upvoted.