Steemit, Inc is a privately held company based in New York City and a head quarter in Virginia founded by Ned Scott and Dan Larimer in 2016. In July, 4th, 2016, the company officially launched Steemit, a social media with virtual currency rewards that runs over the Steem blockchain.
Member of Agentic Group, a global consortium of blockchain and digital currency, the company claims not to have pre-mined STEEM Tokens reinforcing that all mining took place after the coin was officially and publicly announced on Bitcointalk forum.
The Steemit, Inc. controlled primary account, @steemit, had approximately 41% of the platform’s Steem Power in January, 2017, and would be gradually divested of its holdings in an effort to increase promotion and development of the platform while dispersing voting power. As a CEO, [Ned Scott] indicated to Forbes magazine that this will be done in a “gradual multi-year divestment”.
Some of the advisor board members are Frank Rimalovski, Andrew Haines and William Mougayar (@wmougayar). Some members of the staff are @cass, Jeffrey Paul (@sneak), James Calfee (@jamesc) and Valentine Zavgorodnev (@val-a).
- Steemit : https://steemit.com
- Steem.io : https://steem.io
- Angel.co :https://angel.co/steemit
- Linkedin :https://www.linkedin.com/company/steemit
- @steemit : https://steemit.com/@steemit
- @steemitblog : https://steemit.com/@steemitblog
- @sneak : Jeffrey Paul, cryptocurrency expert is now on Steemit!. August 2016
- @recursive : SteemIt Inc funding: open market token sale VS private equity (crowd)funding. November, 2016
- @timcliff : No. You do not own Steemit, Inc.. December, 2016
- @steemitblog : Steemit 2017 Roadmap. February, 2017
- @berniesanders : Steemit, inc. employees reap 27.46% of curation reward pool rewards on 2/10!! WHAT?!?! February, 2017
- @dan : Today I submitted my Resignation to Steemit, inc. March, 2017
- @ned : Happy Birthday Steem! (SURPRISE INSIDE). March, 2017
- @nanzo-scoop : Making sense of STEEM, Steemit and Steemit Inc. March, 2017
- @stellabelle : Deleted post of censored video of Dan Larimer and theoretical on Steemit, Inc HQ from 2016. May, 2017
- Econotimes : Equibit Development Corporation joins Agentic Group blockchain consortium Written by unsigned, Steemit cited, published in 5/10/2017
- Forbes : Fintech Steemit Migrating Servers To Amazon Unveils Ambitious Blockchain Roadmap Written by Roger Aitken, published in 1/17/2017
In other languages
| Help keep this wiki page updated. Register, click in edit, add or modify the text and save. |
If you're already a steemian you can be rewarded with steem, see how in @steemcenterwiki.